TRANSPORTATION AND MOBILITY COMMITTEE
The goal of the committee is to promote safe, convenient, multimodal mobility and infrastructure in Coconut Grove by:
- Developing ongoing relationships with city and county public works agencies and police.
- Raising local awareness of current and future pedestrian, bike, transit, and vehicular infrastructure initiatives.
- Acting as change agent for transportation and mobility solutions unique to Village of Coconut Grove related to pedestrian, bike, transit and motor vehicle traffic issues.
- Main Highway sidewalks
- Trolleys (routes and timing)
- Commodore Trail
- Scooter pilot program
- Traffic calming and speed limits
- Parking availability in Center Grove
- Douglas Rd. traffic safety
- QuickBuild program (proposed crosswalks in Center Grove)
- Pedestrian overpass at US 1 and 27th Ave.
BETTER BUS PROJECT PROPOSED REVISED NETWORK FOR MIAMI-DADE COUNTY BUSES AND TROLLEYS, INCLUDING COCONUT GROVE
Azhar Chougle, executive director of Transit Alliance Miami, addressed the Village Council at its meeting of March 9, 2020, and gave an overview of the proposed network route changes for all buses and trolleys in Miami-Dade County. His presentation emphasized the changes for Coconut Grove. Essentially, the changes would lead to greater frequency of service and more opportunities for Coconut Grove residents to reach more places in Miami-Dade by public transit. Learn more about the Better Bus Project and the proposed new network here.
REPORT FROM NOV. 2, 2019, WORKSHOP ON MOBILITY IN COCONUT GROVE (March 2020)
The planners of the Nov. 2, 2019, workshop on improving mobility in Coconut Grove have published a report from the workshop that summarizes the input from the more than 70 participants and outlines next steps. The Coconut Grove Village Council was a partner in the workshop along with Grove 2030 and Bike Coconut Grove. Download the report
SLIDE PRESENTATION: 32ND/DAY TRAFFIC CIRCLE--LESSONS LEARNED IN CITIZEN ADVOCACY
Neighborhood activist Liz Lasher made this presentation at the Village Council meeting of April 29, 2019. Many thanks to Liz and her neighbors for their great work! View the presentation