TRANSPORTATION AND MOBILITY COMMITTEE
The goal of the committee is to promote safe, convenient, multimodal mobility and infrastructure in Coconut Grove by:
- Developing ongoing relationships with city and county public works agencies and police.
- Raising local awareness of current and future pedestrian, bike, transit, and vehicular infrastructure initiatives.
- Acting as change agent for transportation and mobility solutions unique to Village of Coconut Grove related to pedestrian, bike, transit and motor vehicle traffic issues.
- Main Highway sidewalks
- Trolleys (routes and timing)
- Commodore Trail
- Scooter pilot program
- Traffic calming and speed limits
- Parking availability in Center Grove
- Douglas Rd. traffic safety
- QuickBuild program (proposed crosswalks in Center Grove)
- Pedestrian overpass at US 1 and 27th Ave.
SLIDE PRESENTATION: 32ND/DAY TRAFFIC CIRCLE--LESSONS LEARNED IN CITIZEN ADVOCACY
Neighborhood activist Liz Lasher made this presentation at the Village Council meeting of April 29, 2019. Many thanks to Liz and her neighbors for their great work! View the presentation