TRANSPORTATION AND MOBILITY COMMITTEE
The goal of the committee is to promote safe, convenient, multimodal mobility and infrastructure in Coconut Grove by:
- Developing ongoing relationships with city and county public works agencies and police.
- Raising local awareness of current and future pedestrian, bike, transit, and vehicular infrastructure initiatives.
- Acting as change agent for transportation and mobility solutions unique to Village of Coconut Grove related to pedestrian, bike, transit and motor vehicle traffic issues.
- Main Highway sidewalks
- Trolleys (routes and timing)
- Commodore Trail
- Scooter pilot program
- Traffic calming and speed limits
- Parking availability in Center Grove
- Douglas Rd. traffic safety
- QuickBuild program (proposed crosswalks in Center Grove)
- Pedestrian overpass at US 1 and 27th Ave.